The Pinto Valley Mine is located in the Globe-Miami mining district in Arizona, approximately 125 kilometres east of Phoenix. It is projected to produce 130 - 150 million pounds of copper in concentrate and approximately 10 million pounds of copper cathode annually, along with by-product molybdenum and silver, at an estimated cash cost of approximately $1.80 per pound, net of by-product credits, for the first five years of production."
The mine has a currently projected production life of 5 years and will employ 650. Other highlights reported by Capstone are:
- Immediately transforms Capstone into an intermediate copper producer.
- Annual production from Pinto Valley of 130 - 150 million pounds of copper provides immediate >160% increase in Capstone's copper production.
- First five year estimated cash cost of $1.80 per pound (net of by-product credits).
- Further asset diversification into Arizona, USA, one of the world's most favorable mining jurisdictions and aligned with Capstone's existing assets.
- Work underway aimed at upgrading the 1 billion tonne Measured and Indicated ("M&I") Mineral Resource to extend operations beyond the current reserve life reported by BHP Billiton.
- Maintained and managed to BHP Billiton's world-class standards.
- All necessary established infrastructure, permits and skilled workforce in place.
|Date:||Monday, April 29, 2013|
|Time:||1:00 pm Eastern Time - 10:00 am Pacific Time|
|Dial in:||North America: 1-888-390-0605, International: 1-416-764-8609|
|Slides:||Link (the webcast includes the presentation slides)|
|Replay:||North America: 1-888-390-0541, International: 1-416-764-8677|
The conference call replays will be available until May 13, 2013. The investor conference call audio and transcript will be available on Capstone's website within approximately 24 hours of the call at http://capstonemining.com/s/Conference_Calls.asp.